Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tiziano Ferro (by Laura Talbot)

Tiziano Ferro
Laura Talbot

1. Why is this person important?
    Tiziano Ferro is an Italian singer, songwriter, producer, and author. He is well known as an Italian pop artist and he wrote an autobiography in 2010 about his dealings with depression and coming out to his family.

2. Why did you choose this person? How does her/his life relate to you?
    I had never heard of Tiziano until Serena played his song “La Differenza Tra Me e Te” in class. Even though I did not (and still do not) understand most of what he says in the song, I loved the style. I also enjoyed other songs of his that I found and listened to that were available in the U.S. I choose him because I think he’s very talented, and while what he has gone through with eating disorders and coming out as gay do not relate to me, I believe many people can relate. I also think anybody can easily relate to some of his music.
   
3. If she/he had never existed, would the world be different from how we know it now? Why?
    According to Wikipedia, Tiziano has become the face of modern Italian pop music, so I do believe that the way Italian pop music is portrayed and performed may be different, even if only a little, had he not existed. However, his career has suffered some blows over the year in part due to some unfortunate comments he made regarding other countries and their people, so he may not have been quite as influential in those years. His fifth album, though, was the best-selling album in Italy in 2012, so I would say he now has a more substantial part in the world of Italian pop.

4. If you could meet that person, what would you ask her/him?
    If I were to meet Tiziano, I would ask him about what inspired him to write his autobiography. It contains most of his personal diaries that date back to his teen years so I would ask why he choose to take something so personal and put it out for the world to see.

5. Do you think the fact this person was Italian played a role in his/her achievement?
    I  think that it played a role in his fame because I think he may not have been quite as popular if he were an American or English artist due to the number of other overpoweringly popular artists in those countries, whereas he is one of the top artists in Italy.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you like the song, Laura :) And thank you for sharing your answers

    ReplyDelete