Tuesday, September 17, 2013


Danilo Gallinari


Why is this person important?
Danilo Gallinari is important to the Denver Nuggets which is the current team he plays on. He is 25 years old so being young in the NBA is good for him because it will make him a lot faster than some of the older players. He has been doing pretty well and it is important for the Nuggets to make sure that he is doing well.

Why did you choose this person? How does his/her life relate to you?
I chose Gallinari because I watch basketball a lot. I'm a New York Knicks fan but I like Gallinari as a player a lot. I can relate to him because we play the same position in basketball. I can watch him play and practice how he plays and learn new moves by watching him. Basketball is also interesting to me so I wanted to do it on something I like.

If she/he had never existed, would the world be different from how we know it now? Why?
If Danilo Gallinari never existed, the world wouldn't be different. A lot of athletes come and go and I think that if he wasn't there it wouldn't matter too much. He does make an impact in the NBA though and makes it hard for defenders to guard him.

If you could meet that person, what would you ask him/her?
If I could meet Gallinari, I would probably ask him to show me some moves so I could improve my game as a player.

Do you think the fact that this person was Italian played a role in his/her achievement?
I think that part of being Italian might have played a role. A lot of NBA players come from other countries where they have good leagues. Coming to America to play though is tougher than their countries leagues though because they are playing against so many different people from different countries.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting Danielle! I didn't know him before ... Thank you for sharing your thoughts and best of luck with your basketball season this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle!
    I come from a family very keen about basketball and we love "il Gallo"!
    When he was a teenager he was less tall than today and so he could improve skills as a playmaker and point guard. Years later, grown up in heigh, he obviously changes role but without losing his previous experience. He gained a lot of strength playing in the NBA because, as you said, he has had the opportunity to play with/against great players from different countries.
    When he played for the NY Knicks he didn't have the chance to be a leader, while now he has been given much responsibility because they consider him an All-star player, Not just a 'one shot wonder'.
    As he's a complete basketball player, within the Italian National Team he can also play as a n°5 (when Andrea Bargnani is not in).
    We miss him a lot now during the European League!
    Hope you can meet him someday!
    NOTE: My father also liked a lot his father Vittorio, a former basketball player in Italy.

    ReplyDelete